Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sonic Colors! (Hooray?)


Despite Sega's past transgressions of where they announce a Sonic game, crap in a bag, and then neatly place it onto my doorstep, with a brightly coloured label displaying the words, "NEW SONIC GAME!", I find myself crawling back to them in hopes that one day, some how, they would end up giving me what I wanted. So far, from what we've seen of Sonic 4, they're getting close to it. But then out of the blue(heh, yeah you know you like that), yesterday was announced that they are making another new Sonic game: Sonic Colors. 





No, those aren't really Pokemon. At least, I don't think so.

Taken from from game info on the Sonic Colors website:
The diabolical Dr. Eggman has hatched another plan for world domination! He has built an amazing interstellar amusement park, floating in space around Sonic’s home planet, bursting with incredible rides and attractions. However, all is not as it seems as Dr. Eggman has abducted an alien race called Wisps and is harnessing their colorful energy to fuel a sinister plot. However, before Dr. Eggman completes his evil plans, Sonic discovers his mysterious theme park in space. When he arrives, Sonic finds he is also able to use these alien powers and is ready to help! Sonic will need all his speed and skill as he faces this test, but, empowered by the alien energy, it’s a test he’ll pass with flying colors!

FEATURES:

• Non-stop high-speed action
• Collect and engage the new power-ups derived from the colored energy of the Wisps!
• Unique Color Power for Wii™ and Nintendo DS™
• Perfect blend of 3D & classic 2D perspectives on Wii, and solid 2D dual-screen gameplay on Nintendo DS!
Sounds interesting enough to me, let's just hope that they make a game worth playing and pull it off properly. I'm tired of all the new honest to goodness crap they've put out. When Sonic Unleashed's day time levels were the closet thing we had to a decent Sonic game in years, you have to know it's a bad sign.

However, I am a little worried, seeing as Sonic Team is handling the one on the Wii and Dimps is doing the DS one. Sonic Team, come on, you really have to pull through on this one.

I don't know how much longer I can blindly hand over my faith to you and watch you crush it before me while simultaneous taking my money.

I don't think I could handle it again.

I don't... I don't think I could love you again. *tear*






via [ siliconera ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © techture